Saturday, February 28, 2009

Illusion 1

It always feels good to finish a piece and like what was created. Illusion1 is part of the Urban Texture series that will be shown in in Edmonton at the McMullen Gallery and than later in Winnipeg at the Mennonite Museum in September. Illusion 1 is the only piece going to Edmonton. The inspiration for it was a photo I had taken in Winnipeg of the Canadian Wheat Board Building and I manipulated it in Paint Shop. The technique I used to make it is called whole cloth quilting and it was dyed, stitched and painted. I don't care for bindings so if I can get away with it I like the pillow slip method to finish the quilt. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. This time it did work nicely and the piece hangs straight.

Of course I had to play with the finished photo in the Kaleidoscope Kreator program and have come with up with some new inspiration that I may be able to use in another project( some day).



No comments:

Post a Comment