Friday, December 9, 2011

Local Shopping

Its always good to get out of the studio and do a bit of retail therapy occasionally. This past weekend I took a drive up river with family members to check out Darren Emenau 's shop . Darren is a very unique potter who's work is very organic and tactile. May be the reason that I am drawn to it and more of his work will be on my must to have list. I did pick up a couple of cereal bowls for Xmas gifts . These clay pieces are food and dishwasher save which is really amazing that one can throw the art work in to the dishwasher


I really am trying to be about local shopping lately but since New Brunswick no longer has Cotton mills, a local quilt store has to do. The The River Gallery in Glenwood is another favorite place for me to visit . A tiny shop, not far from Darren's ,that is pack with the fabrics I love . Sandy carries a large collection of batiks , hand dyes, Japanese fabric, hand dyed wools plus the tools and books . I just have to remember to go by myself some day if I want to spend any money because going with non fiber people I don't get much time to shop. I did go threw the sale basket and for $20. picked out 6 meters that I think I can make work - some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment