Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A chapter closing

Another chapter in my life has closed very unexpectedly – My Father passed away on July 02 2013. He had a terminal cancer that was not detected until it was to late and due to his age, he would have been 88 in December this year, there was nothing that could be done except to make him comfortable and let him go with dignity and respect. He died the way he lived his life, on his terms. Father was a very smart individual, a hard worker right up to the end. He was self taught in many of his skills including learning to use and later repair computers. He was intrigued with the digital world and kept up with all the latest news about it. He was in his mid 70’s when he took up furniture making, using wood from his own wood lot which he worked in till his early 80s, and my siblings and I have a number of his creations that were made in his favorite wood, oak. I think he accepted my oddities of preferring maple because I am the middle child. Wood working brought out his creative side and we had many chats about the design process. Miss him.......

Dad and I on my wedding day

Dad , my oldest sister Dianne and me 

Dad 1948
 

1 comment: