Sunday, October 30, 2011

Creative Women - Dreams in Hand

The second last day in October and its a snowy wet day. Really a good time to clean up and get caught up after a very busy fall. One of the things I was working on was the Creative Women Exhibit held at the Saint John Art Center in Saint John NB. This is a wonderful venue and Friday night ( Oct 28th there were 4 exhibits .Of course the first I will talk about is Creative Women . This is the name a small group of very creative women have given themselves. It started out as a Sharing ( and eating) and the next thing we know we are booked for an exhibit. A great experience and what an evening it was for the opening , so many people!!!

June Cable ( Creative Women founding member) creates with fibers

Woolly Wizard

Wolf View

Bertha Day creates with paper
 Five Dancers

 Threads

Pat Neill creates in fiber


I'll add more as I get permission from the members to do so.

I too work in fiber and my 2 pieces were a bit different ... Both were hand dyed
Family Reunion was dyed with a chemical dye and heavely stitched with thread and then touched up with ink.

I dreamt of a Journey is natural dying with iron and goldenrod .



1 comment:

  1. it must feel so good to have found a group of like minded people nearby

    ReplyDelete